View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
landrovered

Garage
My car had $21,000 in work done to it by Autometrics, a very reputable shop, it resulted in $6k in premium on the price and that was only because it was a 3.6 conversion. If it had been a 3.2 it would have brought perhaps $1500 in premium. (incedently when I met the owner of Autometrics at Petit Le Mans, I asked why they had not done the IMS upgrade while doing all of that other work and he simply said that they checked the IMS and it was fine. This is a guy who preps and runs ALMS, GrandAm and Cup cars for a living) so while I totally agree in preventative maintenance and also feel that the IMS retrofit is worthwhile, I don't promote the notion that anyone outside the Porsche forums will give a hoot. We tend to overvalue our cars because we are passionate about them. Also I don't like wives tales and made up service intervals that require $7k worth of tinkering on order to get the enthusiast seal of approval. Servic intervals are relative to the usage of the car and anything else is hype.