View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #7
jsceash

Garage
"BCporsche"
I too have a problem with my "Brake Wear Indicator" it is on solid and I have checked all my brakes and all is well (over 50% ) I have also unplugged each "wear sensor" and each one has ohmed thru (less than 3 ohms each)

The brakes will appear to have quite a lot of friction material left on them even when they just start to show the first flashes. The sensor hole is about 5.5 MM in diameter and 1 MM of material still is between the back side of the hole and the brake pad backing. The sensor starts to short and there still is just under 1/4' of friction material left on the pad. The sensor itself is not a sensor at all it is just a wire so it would not be uncommon for it to read 1 ohm when tested.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote