View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Allen K. Littlefield

I have one of those CC mufflers and love the sound. With the top up there is a bit of 'drone' but one I can live with as I like to hear the sound of the engine while driving. I am not big on super stereo systems. If I want pure music I will listen where there isn't the sound of traffic in the background. Just me of course. Mufflers still available on ebay. Muffler takes some weight out of the rear and any loss of weight is a performance increase. I also deleted the secondary cats so I do have a louder muffler than if I had left them on. As far as hp increase I really couldn't honestly say without a dyno. Also I imagine the engine runs a bit cooler without that heavy heat sink out back. I would buy another one if I ever get another Boxster and this one wouldn't fit.

I am sure our resident 'evil one' will have a few things to say now that he is sealed in his bunker for the winter and cannot drive the 'screaming yellow zonker' until spring!!! Johnny, your thoughts? Larry King

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote