View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
The Radium King

- how about a kit that simplifies putting a 7.8 dme in a 7.2 car (adaptor harnesses, etc.)?

- how about a trans cooler kit (canton thermostat and cooler, bosch pump, prolly take from the drain and return to the fill, mount in the chassis brace/pan thingy so that you can utilise the existing air scoops)?

- metal spark plug tubes.

- a boxster prototype back-date kit. might consist of this bumper:

BOXSTER SEBRING FRONT BUMPER PANEL | eBay

and these side skirts:

duraflex porsche boxster g-sport SIDES Skirts 97-04 NEW IN BOX A+ | eBay

- a better cold air intake. i'm working on my bmc install and hope to get a blow-by-blow out this winter.

- double ditto on the tuning. if you have 7.8 then i think this will work (designed for the turbo, but same dme so should just be some messing with maps):

Welcome to EURODYNE - Go Faster.

but suckers like me w/ 7.2 are screwed. there was a guy posting here a few months ago who was getting in with some kind of bench machine and some freeware stuff that worked with the bosch computers, but all a bit over my head:

ME5.2.2 Bench Flash Pinouts also ME7.2 required

ME7.2 - Boot Mode

if you search the software he's using (galletto) you get this:

http://www.resettools.com/galletto_ecu_flasher_1260

it looks like it will read AND write to the 7.2 and 7.8 dme and that all you need is maps. since mr. fook has uploaded the 7.2 maps as per his posts, i presume that any tuning software can modify it, hence, we should be there ?!?!?

Last edited by The Radium King; 12-26-2011 at 11:25 AM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote