Thread: A FOB mystery
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
Meir
1999 base

Garage
1. Did the LEDs used to lit up BEFORE you replaced the buttons?
- Some times yes and some time no. If the LED is on, the remote must work.
So if you press the button and the LED is flashing fast but nothing happens it is not the button.

2. The FOB that wasn't working at all, is that the FOB still not working? Just want to confirm.
-yes it is steel not working. After fixing the buttons, I researched about how to program it to the alarm. The only way to do it is at the dealership with the barcode of the fob, and I don’t have it.
(Coming to think of it, I did it a year ago when I was still a rooky and wasn’t aware of the forums. maybe I will post it and see if someone can help. I also have the Durametric tool now, so maybe I can use it to program the fob. Mm…)

3. You said, "the LED lights up different." Do you mean that the LED lights up different in comparison to the same button from working FOB? Or, compare to the different buttons on same FOB?
- The non working fob will flash in a sequence of two flashes when i press and hold any button on it.
The working fob will flash fast at all time when any button is pressed.
This is why I think it needs to be reprogrammed.

4. Must the electronic part, the part shown in your second picture below, be inside the FOB housing for the buttons to work? Or, can it be removed from the FOB housing and still work?
- No. you can still use it when it is outside the plastic housing.
In fact, when I replaced the buttons I pressed them couple of times in front of the car, just to make sure it works before I put it back in the housing.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote