View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #36
986_c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
It looks like a Panamera with high, jacked up butt. The sides of the car also look too tall for me (look at picture #8), like if you were sitting in a coupe that had it's roof sliced near the top 1/3 of the greenhouse.
The soft top looks weird in the back without the clamshell. And I'm not a fan of the un-imaginative Carrera GT recyled door style. Seems like they're going toward a convertible buyer and not a roadster enthusiast. Oh and that whole flat six thing....

p.s.
Lotus is bringing their A-game. I like the shift toward Lamborghini-esque styling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
We've gone over the styling elements when we got a look at a completely undisguised car last month. But I'll say it again, this car has lost the curves and simplicity of form that made the 986 (and the original concept even moreso) so attractive. The car is evolving by adding tack-on features that designers often do to "freshen" a design. The continued reduction of the rear hips and that fixed lip between the tail lights are the most dissapointing parts for me.

Unmasked: 2013 Porsche Boxster S - Gallery
I am with you guys also on this one...uninspiring for me.
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote