View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
carmos

installed evo intake in 04 box s

hi all,i had aj usa in san diego install the evo intake late last week ,here is a pic of it...question , i thought it was suposse to have some kind of sheilding to block the heat from the motor..the guys at aj said that is all that came with the kit....on a differnt note,when i was at the ventura show a few weeks ago the guys from giac were there and they convinced me on there chip mod..so the guys fron evo motorsports were there doing the remapping..i had them do it..bye the way my revo remapping had already expired..and since most people on the web seem to think or seem to say that giac is the best at i went for it...900.00 later and what a mistake that was..the box ran like sh#t...you hit the gas and feel like it was misfiring...evo had told me that the chip worked best with the combo of it and there intake...so like an idoit i beleaved it and had aj usa install the intake..well the intake did not make the car run any worse but it did not help either..so i went a place in san diego called the dynoshop to do acouple of runs and see what came up..well the car is running way to rich and between 5200 rpm and 6000 rpm my h.p drops by like 25 hp...the guys told me thats the tuning and to check my sparkplugs because one could be bad...so this saturday i had a friend help me pull the plugs and replace them and not just was fouled but 3 were.he also said it looks like you are running to rich...so replaceed the plug with a fresh set.. and the hesitation between 5000 and 6000 is still there...i faxed the dyno run info to evo on friday and there were suposse to call me back today...i got such call...so thats were i am at now not very happy with evo and there products and there support...
carmos is offline   Reply With Quote