Thread: Track brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
nefarious986

Wow topless, 3+ yrs on the rear even with track use is pretty amazing.

Insite, that hybrid pad are 'false economy' comment i was referring to was your comment here ( Brake pads and DEs ). Laguna is also a heavy braking track, so maybe I'll see the same brake usage that you see.

My concern was with the HT-10 as street pads to 'get to' and 'get from' the track. That way I could just swap them in the day before and take time to bed them instead of have to deal with lugging a jack along with me in the car and swapping them in trackside. If noise is the only problem for short-ish drives ( 1-2 hrs each way ) .. I think I can live with that. Just wanted to make sure that they wont tear up the rotors or mess up in some way if used outside of race condition for a few hrs. Also have you used HT-10 in an AX? I'm thinking that HT10 wont be as effective as HPS in an AX due to the limited amount of time you're actually driving it.

MrMaddbrad, thanks for your advice. I understand that racing is not cheap, and newbie mistakes waste even more time / money so I'm just trying to see what works best for those who've been doing this a while and what combo gives me the best pad life to performance ratio.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote