View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Doesn't the name, Boxster, seem a little light hearted and whimsical? Miata has the same issue.

The Rx-7 convertible never had that stigma, even though it was softer and slower than the coupe version. 300, 350, and 370Z too. It looks like if you use numbers or codes to name your car, it won't be a chick car.

Chrysler and Ford have good manly names for their sports cars like Viper, Cobra, Mustang, Copperhead. If you name your car after a snake or horse, it's manly.
What does box mean? - box Definition - Meaning of box | The Online Slang Dictionary
Box: An attractive female. A vagina. bang (one's) box - to have sex with a woman.

Seems to me like getting in a box(ster) would be about the least gay thing a man could do.

Miata, on the other hand.... yeah. Mini's are even worse, and don't get me started with a Pony car, I don't want to "ride a pony"

I've only had my car a week and every woman at work has wanted to take a ride in the Boxster. All of them. In fact I let one drive it around the parking lot on Thursday. No one ever wanted to ride around in my Avalon.

Here's a photo of her in my car, she's a young, slim ~5'3" Hispanic girl. Sorry for the poor quality, it was dark out.

Besides, if women like our Porsches isn't that a *good* thing? If I wanted to attract young men I'd drive a WRX STI, Evo or Corvette

Also an amateur model I "know" (friend of a friend) contacted me on facebook and said she'd like to pose with the Boxster in the spring. She could rent a new Mustang or Camaro for the day for ~$30 and pose with that, but she wanted to pose with a Porsche.

And let's not forget the Boxster is a remake of the Porsche 550 spyder, the classic James Dean car, and who's more manly than James Dean?

Boxster has timeless lines, 60 years from now you could still take it cruising and get looks just like you could take a 1950s Porsche 550 spyder for a spin and heads would turn

Honestly I think he's trolling
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote