Thread: Track brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
vijen6

Track brakes

Hey guys,

After my first DE at Laguna last week, my brakes are gone ( warning lights on ) and tires pretty much needs replacing too.

Next year, I'm planning to do quite a few AX and at least 2-3 D/E at other tracks. Per browsing this forum with all the great advice, I plans are to get Hawk HPS pads on the front and rear for the street and AX.

Then swap out to Hawk HT-10 on the front and Mintex C-Tech in back for D/E. Would run HT-10 @ AX too if I could but I don't think there will be enough time to get HT-10 up to temps on an AX course .. let me know if I'm wrong.

Balo rotors are still fresh so I'll stick with them for now.

A few questions:

1. How drivable is HT-10 on the street ? If I drove the car about 2 hrs each way to / from the event, will that be a problem with these pads ? Would like to avoid swapping pads track side if I can avoid it. Too many things to lug around in the car already.

2. If I just swapped the front out from HPS and to HT-10, and kept the rear as HPS ( not C-Tech ) .. will that upset the car ? Most of the braking is done up front so maybe HPS is enough for the rear ?

3. How do you guys 'warm up' HT-10 at a track ? Just take the first run of each session at a mild aggressive pace ?

Thanks!
vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote