View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 05:14 PM   #3
JSLeach
Forum Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to JSLeach
Unhappy Arrrgggghh! My calendar is full that weekend

But if you'd consider the following Saturday (July 27), Janet & I would love to caravan with the group. The 20/21 weekend is out because of family obligations.

This is also a bummer because we were driving up in that neck of the woods this past weekend (alas, not with the Boxster), and on our leisurely return home Sunday, took in some roads with GREAT potential for a Boxster tour. Charlie, if you'd like, email me and I can forward some suggestions for a route. BTW, Mt Washington Hotel would be an awesome lunch stop. And up in Whitefield, there's a gorgeous resort that just re-opened in May after substantial renovation -- the Mountain View Grand -- where we had a nice breakfast. The lunch menu is limited but the view more than makes up for it!

The Cog Railway is a unique experience. If it does wind up on the itinerary, I would strongly advise tossing a warm jacket in the trunk. When Janet & I took it early September several years ago, it was warm short-sleeve weather at the base, but at the summit... snowing, about 50 yds visibility, and COLD.

I have the feeling this has the makings of another memorable GBBG trip. Just wish I could make it.

John
JSLeach is offline   Reply With Quote