View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Byron in Atlanta

Boxster S items! Transmission, Wheels, Seats

Hey guys....After many years as a Boxster guy, I recently "upgraded" to a 996 Turbo. Now, the turbo transmission has blown up and I need to liquidate this stuff to fix it! HELP!!!

I went on eBay and back to the original sources to see what the value of these items is/was. I have two blown (blown-up not supercharged) 3.2L Boxster engines. For the engines, I looked to see what heads, crankshafts, ignition coils and other internal parts were going for on eBay. I think it is highly likely that one could build a good engine from the second one that was still turning. I can tell you from personal experience that there are very few if any sources for rebuilt engines for these cars.

Engine #1 threw a rod. Engine #2 still runs. I bought the engine used, put it in the car, drove it maybe 100 or 200 miles in town and then went to the track for a DE. It started clattering on the first green lap so I brought it in and shut it down. It may be something fairly simple with that engine but who knows until you go into it? I also have some of the LN upgrades, the Aasco flywheel and the Spec clutch and pressure plate, all of that which has less than 500 miles.

2002 3.2L Boxster S engine with thrown rod. Hole in case. Heads may be ok. $1000

2002 3.2L Boxster S engine with clattering racket. Was running/turning over when pulled from car. $2000

LN Improved IMS Bearing, Ceramic - $500

LN Oil pan extension/deep sump kit: $250

LN magnetic oil drain plug: Sells new for $20

Full intake including, e-gas throttle body $300

Alternator, $50

AC Compressor, $100

Power steering pump $100

Aasco Lightweight Flywheel for Boxster w/ less than 500 miles, $700

Spec clutch w/ sprung disc stage 2 clutch & pressure plate, less than 500 miles, $500

Complete Boxster S engine wiring harness, $75

Boxster 3.2L 6speed transmission, $2000

Two Standard Used Flywheels w/ring gears, $50 ea

Boxster S stock muffler (gutted) w/ cats, $200

Brey-Krause Boxster 986 roll bar extension w/ pads, $600

Brey-Krause Boxster 986 roll hoop camera mount, $75

Boxster Sport Seats, black leather $1000

Tow hitch for Boxster, Cayman, 911, 986, 987, 996, 997 $200

Boxster S 987 18inch wheels w/ 60-80% tires - $1500
(pictured on car above)