View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
pecto3

Hello my kababayan, I agree with Randall, check first the tranny linkages. Simple visual inspection will reveal any issues. If linkages are ok, then I'll probably do clutch re-bleeding. Also, since the car is a 97, do you think the transmission fluid has been replaced? When I got my 996 last year with 97k miles, shifting gears were notchy especially in reverse due to old tranny fluid. Change it with lubro moly with night and day difference. Another thing is clutch cable adjustment. These are just relatively simple procedures you can actually do at home with standard tools and hopefully works for you but like Randall said, you can always bring your car back to the garage who worked on your clutch.

Btw Randall, good insight on the Philippines and Porsches maintenance prices. I walked into a sole Porsche dealership in Manila a few years ago to buy a serpintine belt for my previous 986, quoted me almost $80 US for it! Porsches has also recently gotten more popular there, probably got something to do with the bachelor Philippine president buying a pre-owned higher end 911 during his austerity measure program. Made quite a ruckus there.

Also, try to drive your car some more, it'll do it good! I drove to newly built express way (sctex) last May with an old Nissan sentra wishing I had my 996 there. Highway is lightly monitored hehehe!!!
pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote