View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
RandallNeighbour

The brakes and clutch utilize the same reservoir.

If you have a solid brake pedal, I'm thinking you have another issue, but I could be wrong.

The shifter cables go through your firewall, over your motor, through the back firewall, and connect to the back of the tranny just ahead of your muffler. If you can get under the car and look at your cable connectors, you may find one of them loose or completely off. Zip tie it back in place. One of my cables is zip tied to the tranny and has been that way for five years.

If this is not the issue, I'd take it back to the shop that did the original work and ask them to at least diagnose the problem for you. The car should move by starting off in 2nd gear. As long as you don't make a habit of 2nd gear starts you won't do much if any damage to the car (unless you have a lot of intersections where you must stop at a very steep incline... and then you need a tow!)

BTW, just looked at your location. Owning a 97 boxster like ours in the Philippines is one expensive proposition! I hope you have a fat wallet that you can refill often. Your old boxster is gonna cost you a pile of cash to keep rolling... it's bad here in the US, so I can only imagine parts and qualified labor over there are outragous!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 10-23-2011 at 10:07 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote