View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
jakell2010

And the winner is,,,,,,harrycb, everything is bent on the drivers rear,,,ultimately the wobbling is from a bad drivers rear wheel bearing,,,BUT it was caused by a previous "rigged" repair. When I bought the car I checked the car fax, and it was clean with 3 owners, there were some paint lines on the drivers door and I could see some signs of putty in the car, the rims were toast, all four were bent beyond simple repair.

We put the car on a lift and when you looked at the car from the rear, you could see a difference from left to right, at one time the car must've taken a direct hit to the drivers rear wheel. The lower control arm is bent, the control arm link was bent, and track arm were all bent , someone spray painted the subframe assembly.

So the bad bearing was caused by that wheel always "crabbing", I had the car aligned last year and they didn't say anything, but now to do it right , all the suspension components on that wheel need replacing ,

My tech, M-Tech in New Rochelle NY, is a great guy, he said I could source the parts from the cheapest place and he'd charge me the labor , it's 4-5 hrs to pull and press the bearing, and once that's out the other parts are just a bunch of nuts and bolts

Great guy if you need service in the Ny metro area he's the guy 914-355-2500

Thanks to everyone for there help, :ah:The saga continues

Last edited by jakell2010; 10-22-2011 at 08:10 AM.
jakell2010 is offline   Reply With Quote