View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:39 AM   #24
cyclocross

CPO warranty coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onad
Does anyone on the board have a copy of what the "limited certified warranty" covers (or doesn't cover)? My 03 is certified, but I never recieved any information (even after requesting it) regarding what will change when the regular warranty ends and the certified kicks in.
When you purchased your CPO Boxster the salesman should have given to you the completed "Record of Certification" and a brochure entitled "Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles" (MKT 001 00009 04). The brochure explaines the CPO program and mentions the approved limited warranty. Later, you should have received the "Welcome Kit" from PCNA. In this kit is the "Porsche Approved Limited Warranty" (PNA 000 196 ed. 1/04) which details the warranty coverage. Work with your dealer if you do not have these documents.

It pays to thoroughly inspect the car prior to purchase. My 2001 Boxster had a repaired windshield and came with a set of new Federal tires of the correct size. Not having heard of Federal tires I asked to see the 100+ point inspection sheet. The dealer was not able to provide to me the actual inspection sheet. I was able to look at a blank inspection sheet at a different dealer. It clearly states that a Porsche must have Porsche approved tires to be certified, amongst other points. Federal tires are not Porsche approved. I brought this to the dealer's attention and they promptly installed a set of new Conti CSC2s and replaced the windshield. They did not have to replace the windshield under the terms of the limited warranty. The dealer also R&R'd the dash under warranty to fix a creaking noise. Many thanks to Porsche of Oakland for stepping up to the mark!

I hope this helps.