View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #20
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
AWD cars don't suffer from torque steer, even when it's a 50/50 split system. It's a FWD phenomenon. I understand that you need the Bosch computer system to bleed the brakes in the 964 C4.
Well, you do need the Bosch 'hammer' to actuate the AWD valves, or something similar. I have a mechanic friend who has a smart phone app that will do the same thing.

But you can actually just bleed the brakes and clutch alone using just a pressure bleeder, if done properly.

There is also a workaround by jumping a couple of connectors which will open the valves.

But, this isn't too unusual... lots of cars today w/ ABS cannot be properly bled without actuating the ABS valves from an outside source. Jaguars and BMWs for instance, even the later Boxsters from my understanding.

The hydraulic system is more complex than many cars, but much less so than some others, such as Citroens or some MBs and Maybachs - the old Mercedes 600 used hydraulics for everything, incl. the power windows - waay more complex than anything on the 964.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote