View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
KevinH1990

There is a fuse on the fuse block and one on the back of the head unit. To check the fuse on the back of the head unit, you will need a set of radio removal keys.

When you say the unit is powering up, does that mean that the lights on the unit come on? I don't think the lights would come on if the fuse on the back of the radio was blown.

It may indicate a problem with the amplifier or the cable that connects the radio to the amp. I believe the connector in an 03 is a fiber optic type and I've heard it is more fragile than the copper wire in older cars like mine. Did you have any work done on the dash or in the front trunk that could have damaged the amp or connector?

A friend of mine blew the fuse on the back of the head unit in his 04 when he connected a battery maintainer to the cigarette lighter. I think his radio was totally dead (no lights) until we replaced the fuse, but I could be mistaken.

Good luck.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote