View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
smshirk

I put a new top on the wife's Miata a few years back. I put the drip rail in wrong and wound up with water under the carpet in the cabin and in the trunk. I ended up taking it to a shop and having it done over. I think I'll leave the top to a Pro. Getting one from an 03-04 is a great idea if I can find one. I have a hard top I keep on most of the time and my top is in good shape as a result, but for the plastic window. I'm not sure how the top has remained almost like new while the window discolored pretty bad. If 1700 is the price I guess I'll just have to decide if I want to do it bad enough. The wife has a 968 that could use a new top too, and that one could be even more I suppose as there aren't too many of them around. It just sits though. She has put less than 5k miles in the past five years on the car and the top hasn't been up in months. I'm not inclined to spend any money on it I don't have to. The Boxster is a different story. I just keep spending $ on it, even when I don't need to. it's a sickness.