Thread: Tire pressure
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
jaykay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson
I find this interesting, because I was just complaining on another thread about how my 987 Doesn't display any trailing-throttle oversteer. I actually find it a to be a helpful trait, and about the only thing that will kill mid-corner understeer. Is this another difference between a 986 and 987?

The "snap" oversteer is partially due to the mid-engine design, more rear weight & grip due to wider rear tires, and a lower MOI, but I think the biggest reason is the short wheelbase.
I was considering a constant throttle position and then moving to more open as in corner exit. Perhaps you are speaking to the corner entry phase. I too in the 986 can and do get understeer and have not yet properly reliably learned to correct as you have described. I am a beginner. While accelerating in a sweeper, I have noticed the car twich nose out...to understeer when lifting for traffic. It is really pronounced as if the body is flexing....and I can't feel that the rears were sliding, or can't believe it. Would it have something to do with my differential. If I get a chance I will try going back on the throttle to get the car pointed accurately