View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
tonycarreon

for me (2001 base/tip) i had a noise - like i was having wheel problems or like i had hit some rumble strips. but i noticed it most by the way it felt. it felt like the car was "hiccuping" and the road was really rough but at first it was only when i would let off the accelerator and the RPMs would drop. but after driving a little more it was pretty constant, almost like being in a massage chair.

here's my original post on the topic:

was driving back to the hotel this afternoon and all of a sudden, i hear this rumbling sound. i slowed down and it seemed to get a little worse. i sped up and it seemed to go away. after pulling off the interstate, it came back when i slowed down.

back at the hotel i park and everything seems fine. i push the accelerator and it felt like my seat started vibrating. anyway, between 1200 - 2000 RPM there's quite the vibration ( sitting still, not driving ). i'm thinking engine mount. under 1200 / just idling no noise / vibration. over 2000, just fine.

1200 miles from home and i think i have a problem

fyi: here's the mount that came out of the car

Last edited by tonycarreon; 06-20-2011 at 03:35 PM.
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote