View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
promark420

Newbie Boxster Questions

Just some questions about Boxsters in general. I've had mine (2000 base model) for 11 days now, and I think I'm a little too paranoid.
  • Am I supposed to hear the shocks firing on certain bumps? This is the first time I've ever heard that from any vehicle. Maybe it's just the soft top and proximity to the wheels. I hear the back ones more than the front ones.
  • Steering can be creaky at very low speeds. Think backing into a parking space.
  • I hear a squeak from the steering column during certain turns--usually fairly long and slow left turns. Turning left from a traffic light into, say, a parking lot triggers this the most.
  • Steering wheel has a small amount of play on interstates. Knowing German cars, this seems out of character.
  • Steering vibrates a little at interstate speeds. OK, it looks like I have a lot of steering questions...
  • Interior lights and/or trunk lights don't turn on when door/lid is open. Could this be because the after-market battery currently installed is just a slight bit too small? Fuse? Wiring?
  • TC Off light and ABS light will randomly turn on. Turning off and restarting the car cleared this issue. I found that out once my stalling out on a start. Not sure I should have admitted that, but I'm still getting used to the clutch.

I have to say that the Novus cleaner worked wonders on the rear window. I don't think that thing had ever been cleaned, and now it's...clear

This is my first German vehicle as well as a vehicle that isn't an SUV, so I'm probably over-thinking the minor details, but overall I'm highly impressed and satisfied with this machine. Best of all, NO CUP HOLDERS!