View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotokan
Schoir,

Ok, I guess I am confused. I found the foam trays on both sides of the rear. I can see a clear tube running out of the bottom of these trays. The tubes on the bottom of the trays had pieces of rubber in it. I assumed that it was a gasket since the tubes seem to sit just under the tray. It appears to still have small pieces of rubber inside of it that I can not reach, but at this point I not real sure about anything
The drain hoses that are connected to the underside of the foam drain trays are not supposed to have anything in them at all. The pieces of rubber may be the rubber buffers that are normally part of the front pushrod assembly and they may have deteriorated and fallen into the drains.

You have to fish out (with a wire hanger) or blow out (with compressed air) any debris that is in the drains so that any water can drain freely.

Pour in a quart of water and verify that you are collecting a quart from the lower end of the drain hose (in the wheel well in front of the rear wheel). You can remove the front of the wheel well liner to expose the end of the drain hose.

Make sure that you verify that no water is finding its way into the cabin or you will fry your immobilizer (under the driver's seat).

I hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote