View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone
I felt that it was obvious why gas went to $4.75/gal when Bush was in the White House (Bush familly comes from oil business in Texas) but its not clear to me what's going on now...??
That was your press in bed with the Progressive Dem party. Remember Halliburton, and as you have mentioned, Bush'es 'oil buddies' they constantly pounded on? Now that Bernacke has brought down the value of the dollar it costs more to of them to purchase oil. Oil companies, in spite of years of mis-education, do NOT set the price of oil, the speculators in the market do. George Soros is one of the major players here and he has stated one of his goals is to bring down this countries economy and bust the dollar. This can no longer be ignored. Remember we are loaning Brazil money (your tax dollars that you can so well afford) to DRILL for oil but we have a concerted effort to close down any drilling or new refineries in the USA. This is to ostensibly fund 'green energy'. Also the Fed govt makes about 15% on the gallon of gas so we have a tax increase to offset the extended Bush tax cuts. Oil co only makes around 5%. I am sure the new "investigation" by Holder will solve who is gouging...NOT! So, yes Virginia, govt. has a BIG role in the price of oil. How do you all like the drying up of 'trickle down'?

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote