View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
coolbreeze551

I jacked the car up today and after a lot of poking and pulling out more bits of cat... I found wear the leak was coming from... The f'n water pump! If I was correct in locating the leak, it appeared that the leak is coming from the bolt on the water pump closest to the ground but when I wiped it all dry with a paper towel and stuck my hand in, it felt like the leak was coming from higher up. Possibly a weeping hole? I think I am going to order the part from suncoast and once I receive it, take the car into a Porsche indie mechanic and have them work on it. I've had all the dead cat I can take for one month. I was hoping that it would have been an obvious leaking hose and it would be an easy replacement.

An additional note is that I did not start the car when I had a clear view of the water pump. I only start the car prior to removing the panels and shut it off before I removed them because the leak was pretty steady.

If anyone has any other suggestions or recommendations I would be extremely grateful.
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote