View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
SoK

Installed HID headlamps and LED driving lights, battery indicator lamp came on today

Hey guys,

I had a headlight go out last week so I figured it was a good opportunity to just upgrade to an HID system. I ordered a slim ballast kit (35w) with H7 5k bulbs, but the guy sent m a 5k and a 7k bulb on accident. Installed the kit anyway since I had the headlight out and had him resent the extra 5k bulb. I drove the car for a week with the mismatched bulbs in and didn't have any issues. When the new bulb came, I intalled that, let it burn in and called it a day. When i left for work this morning, I noticed my battery light on the dash was on. All my bulbs work fine (turn signals, driving lights, brakes, etc.) but this indicator light is on. Any thoughts as to what might be causing this? Could it be simply an old, low battery and it's just coincidentally coming on right after i installed these kits? I have an appt with the dealer for an oil change Friday, but I'd like to have an idea of what the issue is before I go in there.

Thanks