Thread: Hardtops
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
JoeFromPA

I see the hard-top as a great option if you drive year-round (not necessarily in the rain/snow, just anytime of year). It quiets down the whole ride, has a sexy look to it, adds some security, provides a really nice clear rear view, and somehow makes the ride a bit sportier to me (compared to soft-top UP).

Mine has some slight noise on cold mornings - this might be mitigated simply by lubing up the seals with some silicon spray or light grease, I don't know. It's a vastly quieter ride in general, though obviously still not quiet. I get plenty of intake sound and engine/exhaust sound still.

Personally, I'm planning on selling mine (took pictures, now just need to post them!). My boxster is garaged upwards of 4 months a year to keep insurance rates down and protect the car. Though I love the hard-top, I'm only going to use it for what, 1-2 months a year? And then there's those spot days where suddenly its 65-70 degrees out in the beginning of April and I want the top down.

Though storage can be a pain, the best solution I've seen is a hard-top BAG with canvas loops that can be set on hooks in your ceiling. I don't personally use that method (I have a padded stand), I like it alot for keeping the hard-top out of the way.

Hope this helps!

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote