Thread: Hardtops
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
I love mine. It took some time and work to get it adjusted but it is now quiet. It takes two people to install and remove it just because it is bulky. It is made out of aluminum so it is rather light (~ 50 pounds). I've read accounts of folks removing it alone but I wouldn't try it.

I like that it quickly gives the car two identities. With the hardtop on the driving experience is quiet when compared to the soft top up or down. I've traveled with the hardtop on and feel a little bit more secure leaving the car in a hotel parking lot with the hardtop installed. The rear window is much larger than my GAHH soft top glass and you also have an electric defroster with the hardtop as well.

You will need somewhere to store the hardtop when removed (a stand for instance) and spinlocks to mount it in the car. Although it hasn't happened yet, I always think I will one day need to gain access to the top of the engine which will require me to remove the hardtop early or temporarily. It is more than warm enough here to remove the hardtop but I'm keeping it on until the spring pollen calms down.

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote