View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #16
Tandrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Magwood
Hey man that garage door opener really looks good, can you tell me how you did it and where you got the parts....ie the button. Thanks for any information you can give me
Hi Stephen,

Sure - it's really pretty simple. I bought the button on ****************************************************.com. Make sure you specify what finish you order the button in (blank or matte).

I took my old garage door opener remote apart and soldered some 20 gauge wires onto the two "contact" button points on the remote print board. At the other end of the wires, I crimped 1/4" female quick-connectors (I bought mine at Radioshack for $2 or so). Those connectors mount directly on the Porsche button. I used the following website for wiring instructions: http://www.gagme.com/greg/Boxster/hacks/garageswitch.php

Probably took me an hour or so - and it looks great and works like a charm. PM me if you want more help.

'03 986, Seal Gray, De-snorkled, Painted Calipers, Alu pedals, smoked side markers, Non-smoker kit, DIY Garage door opener, dyed top
Tandrup is offline   Reply With Quote