Thread: Window up/down
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
On My 986, On the drivers side window won't go down automatically unless I lift the Handel On the outside or the inside?when I go to put the top down both windows drop! Help please !
Taz:

I'm assuming you mean that the driver's side window will not drop that 1/2 inch and then stay dropped unless you keep either the inside or outside door handle pulled up?

If that's the case, the problem is most likely in the microswitch which is located inside of the door lock assembly. What happens is that the door contact microswitch inside the lock assembly is not electrically showing the door as "open" when the door is actually open, and that makes the control unit raise the window because it "thinks" that the door has already been closed.

Sometimes you get lucky and it's only the connections at the wires leading into the door lock assembly that have gotten "de-soldered" or cracked and that can be fixed by taking the assembly apart and re-sodering.

Someone on here even managed to heat up the connections and flow solder without even taking the assembly apart.

If it is the microswitch inside the door lock assembly, that part can only be bought as part of the assembly from Porsche.

It's part #14 in the attached diagram.

If you are adventurous, you can buy a similar switch from Digi-Key.com and use its top part with the plunger to swap into your broken Porsche switch. That switch is around $5, the Porsche assembly is well over $100. The Digi-Key part number is SW719-ND. Kudos to Garrett376 on another forum for this very hard to find "find".

Regards, Maurice.
Attached Images

Last edited by schoir; 01-14-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add text reference to diagram
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote