View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
connecticutporsche

Happy New Year all! Thanks for your help.

I bought the car with some mods, and I'm looking to pretty much keep it the way it is. The car was repainted when the body kit was installed ($4000 paint job, matches OEM quality) and looks showroom ready when its clean! I'm tempted to put the original hood back on the car, not sure if I'm feeling the carbon fiber look. Any opinions out there?

Update regarding issues:
As far as the smoke is concerned, it does continue for over 30 seconds- but I'm starting the car only once a week and the car is mainly garaged in the winter. Could it simply be the temperature here in New England, and the fact the car is sitting a week at a time? The smoke isn't sweet smelling so I'm assuming its oil.
I do plan on taking the car for a quick spin on nice days over the winter, as long as the roads are clean. Perhaps I'll take it to one of the recommended Porsche mechanics in my area.

I installed a new lock assembly on the passenger door, which I bought from VW ($300 cheaper than the $500 Porsche part, and the same exact part #) It works and locks but I cant unlock it unless I reach over and pull the door handle.

Right now the car is sitting as I impatiently wait for Spring 2011! Does anyone have any advice regarding service, etc before then?

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of the cosmetic mods:
Fresh paint job
OEM Hardtop
LED front bumper lights
LED Tail lights
GT3? Bodykit (front bumper and side skirts)
17" wheels (Anyone know the name of these wheels?)
Aftermarket fixed spoiler
Carbon Fiber hood
Carbon fiber "Humps" for behind head rests
Alarm system

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

connecticutporsche is offline   Reply With Quote