View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
lrocket

PDK Problem

I have had my Boxster for about 3 months now and love it. The other night i was coming home from work and zipped around a corner at an intersection and suddenly it was like the PDK transmisison went into neutral and I got the "Transmission Emergency Run" error. For a second there I thought is said Transmission Ruined! I coasted to a stop and turned it off and back on and it cleared, so i tried to drive it and within 50 yards or so it did the same thing, went out of gear (revs like its in neutral) and got the code again. When i cycled it off and on the info panel said engine service required, so i called roadside assistance and flatbedded it to the dealer. After one day the dealer said come and get it, couldnt find anything wrong, and no faults in the computer. They told me that the "rear wheels slipped" and caused the fault. I have driven the twisties and in the rain and had PSM kick in many times without the transmission cutting out or getting warning codes so i dont buy thier explanation. After reading a few posts online about this error I think they must know about it but didnt let on. I drove it home yesterday and had no problems (even got PSM to kick in a couple of times). I feel like it is going to happen again, and hope it doesnt leave me stranded somewhere.

Sounds like these PDK problems have been coming up a bit but this is different from the other postes I have read, i.e. the transmission going into neutral?

At least I got to drive the Panamera loaner car. Nice drive but I'll take the Boxster S any day!
19"
lrocket is offline   Reply With Quote