View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #18
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macyfilms
yeah, i still can't get it to run good cold. frustrating. before i changed plugs the engine temp was much less of a factor. not sure what changed. i'm hoping over the next week the car adjusts to the changes.
If your car ran good before the change, I still stand by the fact that you should double check your work.

When you change a part, like spark plugs, the car should run the same, if not better, than before the change. If the car was misfiring because of a bad plug, then it should run a heck of a lot better.

If the car was running bad before the change, and the part you changed wasn't the cause, then it should keep running the same, not worse. If you change the spark plugs, but the misfire is caused by a clogged fuel injector, there shouldn't be any change whatsoever.

Of course, if the clogged injector is cylinder 5, but you don't snap the connector back together on coil pack 2, then the car would run even worse than before.

If you are having driveability issues in cold weather, you should double check your work. I changed my spark plugs months ago, and it ran perfect from the first time I turned the key. If it didn't, I would have looked into it immediately, not hoped that the car's computer masked over the problem.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote