View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #69
Quickurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
Kurt -

don't you really mean NOT using the ABS? i always get better stopping distances at impending lockup. if the abs pulsates ONE time, i'm deep by 3ft.
I agree completely. I had one of the best times ever at BrumosU and went about six inches out of the stopping box because the ABS pulsated once! Out of the box added 5 seconds to your lap time. OUCH!
That, however, does not mean ABS is not an absolute life-saver off the track, especially for all those who have no idea what braking modulation means, let alone how to do it expertly - let alone in weather.
I'm talking about coming up with some exercises that all the forum members can learn and become proficient with using empty parking lots to practice in.
The knowledge of how one can stand on the brakes and still manuever the car can save at least one member's paint job, and maybe save one member or a member of their family.
I think that in itself is worth the time and effort.