View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART07154
Powertrain warranty should cover RMS and IMS problems?$12000 for the car.$700 for 2 yars powertrain warranty.$600 for 4 tires and $400 for new rear window.Am I still come out a good deal.I like the car because clean carfax and 27k miles?
Btw is 2000 is the good year to buy?
Yes, powertrain 'should' cover IMS and RMS but some on this forum have said they were denied coverage for some odd reason and some have had positive experiences. Since your friend works at the dealer you might have more clout when it comes time to submit the claim.
Is this car an S model? Also don't forget about tonycarreon's post above. He offered you a top in good condition if you pick it up. As for tire, I just recently bought a set of tires for mine, 18" rims, for about $700 but you'll want to figure in another $100 for a four wheel alignment. The car is due for a 30k mile service, maybe you can figure that into your bargaining argument. Is this at a dealer?
If the window is cracked, is there water damage inside? How are the brakes? What is the service history, if it even has a documented history? If it has no history, after you get it you'll need to figure in the cost of doing oil change, coolant flush, brake fluid change, trans fluid change if it's a Tip, and whatever else you may want to address.
Whatever you do, get a PPI done before committing to any car.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote