View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sain0rs
Amazing, thanks for the quick response. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to respond.

Wonder if I can manage to snake the old hose out and new hose in by taking out the throttle body or if I should just bite the bullet and have a dealer do it. I hate the idea of having to pay a ridiculous price for a (in theory) simple hose replacement.

Thanks again for your help
Sain0rs:

Before you go biting that bullett, why not inspect how much access you have if you just remove the two rubber intake distributors. That only involves unscrewing eight thin, large diameter screw clamps, two small vacuum connections and the throttle body.

Great opportunity to clean out the throttle body as well.

I recently did that with my friend Boxtaboy and it was very straightforward.

I'm not positive, but I'm reasonably sure that to be able to disconnect that end of the crankcase breather hose, you will also have to remove the driver's side intake manifold, but not the passenger's side one.

Here is a photo of that area after removing the two intake distributors and the throttle body:

The red arrow points to what I think is the crankcase breather hose in question. The yellow arrow points to the right rear corner of the oil cooler, for reference.

If you take a look at the parts diagram you can see the shape of that hose and the connection at the far end:

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote