View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #11
eightsandaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
I installed the LN spin on adapter as soon as it was offered for sale. The plastic/cartridge offered by OEM is garbage. Also purchase the LN magnetic drain plug...far superior to the OEM junker.

My car is going to be 9 years old and has no warranty....I also want it to have the best filtering available, with frequent oil changes.

I worked in the chemical industry for more than twenty years, the line filters for products with very exacting standards look just like the core from Mahle, to say it's total crap might be a bit over the top. I'm not understanding how the spin on adapter filters 100% of the oil Vs ___%, if that statement is true then that is the powerful feature / benefit to promote. As for independence from Porsche, I understand the sentiment but a new oil filter is quite a ways from independence. Oh well, one new stainless fastener at a time, what I hate most about Porsche is their lousy polymers. I don't know if it's because of tougher European standards but at Kodak we used a lot of lexan, Ge's polymers are good stuff wear a long time.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote