View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Lobo1186

Garage
DIY Red Seat-belts Upgrade.

This will be a somewhat detailed look into what is necessary to change your bland black seat-belts into Red. Of course, you can substitute red for yellow or silver and for those more unique any color of the rainbow. Keep in mind that if you DO NOT HAVE EXTRA HARDWARE. This project will take about a week with your Boxster sitting in the garage waiting.

you will first need to buy:

9yds seat-belt fabric (red, yellow, fuchsia whatever floats your boat)
2 buckle stoppers (the little plastic things that keep the buckle from falling to the floor when not in use)

I bought mine from the following people and I would like to say thank you to the folks at Seat-belt Planet AKA Gotbelts and I believe also seat-belts.net (all the same company)

Bill Combs over there is a great guy I had originally bought Normal red but I was not happy so I got in contact with him and he set me up with Flame Red and all I had to do was pay for the return shipping no restocking fee or what have you. Great customer service all around.

I have no affiliation with them just a satisfied customer!

Secondly I would like to thank Zackwatt since I hope he does not mind but I am borrowing some of his pictures from his DIY he had on how to get at and remove the tensioner and what not. I will not go in depth I feel his pics on that subject are self explanatory, and for cars 2003 and up I recommend visiting his DIY HERE since his is a better DIY for those model years.

First here is Zackwatts photos to remove and get at the seat-belt spindle: you will need a
philips screwdriver
flat head screwdriver
7mm wrench
short 17mm socket.

Last edited by Lobo1186; 11-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote