View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #18
Mark_T

I understand the desire to change all the rubber and plastic bits, contemplated it myself, but have you priced out what it will cost to do that?? I used the Forever Black on my 99 and I'm really impressed with the results. If you do a few apps, lightly buffing in between, the plastic will have a deep rich better-than-new shine, especially after a coat of wax. I used Mothers Back to Black on the cowl under the wiper blades and that also worked well, but more of a flat black finish, and it needs to be re-done from time to time.

Btw, and this is obviously totally personal preference and I would never want to criticize someone else's customization choices, but I think those checkered flag side mirrors would look really tacky on a black Box. Might work on a white or yellow one.

Your car looks really nice in the pic. The paint may be a bit tired but a good polishing should bring it back to life. If you dump $8K on paint then you will spend your life agonizing over every stone chip, bug splat, and polishing swirl you see. Daily drivers have scars - wear them with pride!

Last edited by Mark_T; 09-13-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote