View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgedm
I am going to have the old plastic thrown out ... and all those parts replaced with new parts .... that should work ...right?

.... same with seals ....

Yea I will be more carefull after the repaint, the guys i take it to sugested the repaint because they thought after 11 years of polishing there was not enough "clear coat" left ... (he said its real thin?)

...and again the new Porsches really have some great paint jobs. Even when I use the same guys my dealer uses to polish, I just can not get my 10 year old paint to look like that new GT3 in the window.

Plastic I will go new, outside mirrows I will go with mini copper black and white checker flag.

and for the coupe de gras (sp? i dont know no french) i want to do the lower door area in the inverse of the new boxsters as seen here ....

Then I will enter myt Boxster in contests and win them all just like Johnny Danger after that I will take over the WORLD!

... or at least i will have a really cool looking Boxster ... taking over the WORLD probably involves more than just a great paint job ... but maybe if I add the TPC supercharger .... ahh dare to dream!
Why is the clear coat so thin? Has there been a lot of polishing done with an orbital buffer? If not, there should be plenty of clear to have a good (not all pros are good) detailing done. If it is in fair condition, a top-shelf detail will make it better than new. Yes, BETTER than new. Honestly. The good guys use a tool to measure the thickness of the paint in many places before doing any work. They then have an idea what they are working with and can select appropriate products and procedures.