View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
autodoctor911

porsche diesel already available in europe

wow just did some searching, and the cayenne is already available in europe with the 240hp 406lb-ft 3.0Tdi v6. Ruf has a reprogram to288hp,428lbft for 3850 euros. that's some expensive ones and zeds. a turbo mod and reprogram will cost you 7300 euro and net you 310hp,465 ftlb. this stuff should be available soon through us tuners for VW toureg or audi q7 with probably higher, if inflated figures for much cheaper, since we have many more trained hackers here to do that kind of stuff, so it looks like the v6 may be plenty of power with a few mods. hey, I still have a turbo sittin around from a 6.0L Ford diesel. it is of the same variable vane geometry, but the actuation is by oil pressure rather than electric. the 6.4L twin turbo setup is sequential, with te primary turbo having a variable geometry driven exactly as the audi's is, and I think I know someone with one of those stashed. now I just need to find a wrecked toureg, or Q7 diesel for sale at auction, or online, buy it and start my mad science. any igor applicants?

Last edited by autodoctor911; 09-06-2010 at 05:25 PM.
autodoctor911 is offline   Reply With Quote