View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Quickurt

I seriously crashed my 73 914 2.0 around Fredericksburg. I can't remember the road, it was in 1986, right before the economy forced our move back to Florida. The entire Fredericksburg, Kileen area has some great hill country roads. I used to love the road going out to Bear Creek Estates, and beyond, on the Southwest side of Austin.
There are also some really fun roads from Brenham to COllege Station, around the multitude of small lakes and rivers. Do a google earth to find the best ones.
I use google earth to find the smallest and twistiest roads to take a trip where the drive is the main point of going. You can turn on Satellite image and zoom way it to make sure the roads are paved. I make a sheet with directions of where to turn, how far (basically) it is to the next turn and take it to Office Max and have it laminated for $2.00. I now have about twenty of those "rally" sheets.
:dance: