View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
SjhC

Help requested re; security alarm

Good afternoon,

Probably an easy question for the vets here, but I'm a new member, having recently purchased a 99 Boxster. I've had the car for about a month, and have enjoyed visiting this forum frequently for questions that have arisen. (This is my second Porsche, my first being an '88 944S that I sold when I got engaged.... but that's another post). This forum has been a wonderful resource for me.

I have tried to perform a search to answer my question, but without much success, and so I thought I'd try a more direct approach. If I've posted in the incorrect forum, please accept my apologies and direct me to move the post.

When I received the car, I was given 2 keys, both the same, no remote. The car would appear to have a security system present as I can see the sensors/infra red for cabin monitoring, but I cannot get the alarm to go off. When I lock the doors with the key, no audible sound to indicate alarm has been engaged (both with top up and top down).

Last night, I pulled off the cover over the fuse area having read some related posts, and am now wondering if there had been a problem, and the previous owner just yanked the fuse???

And so, I am asking if anyone might have a moment to assist me in troubleshooting this on my own, or do I need to visit someone with the diagnostic equipment. Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Scott
(SjhC)
SjhC is offline   Reply With Quote