View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
spielfreek

Door speakers very quiet

I am trying to upgrade my 2002 Boxster audio system. I have a CDR-22 connected to a HAES 4x40W amp. The volume of the door speakers is really quiet, so I replaced the head unit with a Sony BT3600 (which has separate front and rear line outputs) to try and cure the problem, but unfortunately it's no better. When I fade to the rear, the volume of all speakers reduces to zero, like on the CDR-22. I have read that the door speakers sound is somehow derived from the front but as the CDR-22 has both front and rear line outputs which connect to separate pins on the amp, and the speakers are wired to separate pins on the amp (8 wires) I'm a bit confused as to why the fade function doesnt work. Does anyone think the amp is faulty? I have read on this site that the crossover is in the amp, so maybe one answer would be to get another amp which doesnt have the crossover in it? What does anyone think? Does anyone know if the 6 channel version overcomes these issues? Oh, and whilst I think about it, how the heck do you get the speaker connector off the amplifier? The outer housing slides a bit, but I've pulled it quite hard and it doesn't move. Is there a clip or something which needs to be pressed?

Confused!!
Peter
spielfreek is offline   Reply With Quote