Thread: LN 3.2 to 3.6
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #13
mikefocke

this is a 986 BOXSTER board for cars that sell for $10k

And for ones that sell for more or less than that...some much much more.

Yes, it is true that some people buy older Boxsters at very low prices and can't afford to maintain them if something major happens. Just as it is true that a major accident will total a Boxster in the eyes of the insurance company where a Honda might be viewed as repairable.

There are people who have rebuilt their engines themselves, those who had someone else do it, those who went the improved engine route, some who bought the Porsche crate engine and some who just parted out the car or parked it in their barn.

It takes all kinds of people. And there isn't only one way to approach the problem of a blown engine because not everyone has the means or the needs of someone else. I'm certainly not going to rebuild the engine myself...just as when I had Cancer treatment I looked for a person with a documented track record of successes...I'd want someone with similar successes. I've seen too many scams (I have a meeting with the DA about a $320k embezzlement this afternoon).

Jake provides one way to repair/prevent and shares much of what he learns. We benefit.

But just as not everyone can afford the '09 Boxster they might want (my choices run $94k) or would spend that if they could, many have to seek a different solution to their repair/prevention needs. Not everyone can afford the best.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote