View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #19
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
gilles -

the sway bars are not fixed at the center of the car, meaning that when you twist one side, it's countered by the other side. this means that the total torque on the bar = force * (lever arm 1 + lever arm 2) and is the same from side to side. there is no difference between a left turn or a right turn in this respect. just make sure if you do this that you have adjustable sway bar links so you can dial out any pre-load resulting from uneven arm lengths.
Insite;
An interesting topic indeed.. unfortunately I don't have adjustable drop links, I am using the OEM links along with both of the H&R bars and the KW-V3 coilovers.

I like using the stiff setting on the rear bar to help you rotate the car quicker on a tight track, but on a longer track I use the softer rear setting to avoid wheel spin on the inside rear (no LSD either).

I am planning to eventually get the adjustable drop links AND also the adjustable toe links for the rear axle to have the proper toe settings, (the ones that also help you compensate for bump steer) however buying both the drop and toe links is kind of pricey.

Thereafter, a Guard clutch type LSD and a LWFW will follow, it's really easy, all I need is cash...
..ha!
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote