View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdex
What is the reasoning for the higher pressures up front? With my car with an aggressive alignment tends to work best when all the hot pressures are even. It does depend on the track of course, but most times the cold pressures end up within around 1psi of each other.
depends on a lot of factors. i personally prefer a car that is VERY neutral (most would think it oversteers); this is faster for me because the car is most 'neutral' when i'm fully on throttle (rather than an understeering car that is most neutral when you lift a bit).

to cure the understeer, we want a bit more grip up front. we do this IN THIS CASE by adding pressure to the front tires.

i say IN THIS CASE because people will argue that increasing the pressure will DECREASE grip & that lowering the pressure will increase the size of the contact patch & add grip. tires are funny things. above & below a certain range, lowering the pressure WILL increase grip. however, within a specific range, adding air actually increases the efficiency of the tire & adds grip.

at any rate, i know from experience with THIS tire and THIS car that 34F/30R helps to neutralize understeer. give it a shot.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote