View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #16
Wingnut2u

I was doing at DE this weekend at a track that is notoriously hard on brakes and pads. I usually use pagid yellow RS19 on the front and rear. I had about 40% left on the front pads before the day started but by the end of the day the front pads were toast. Since I did not have a replacement pair of yellows for the front I had to make an emergency trip the dealer and picked up a pair of the "Sport" pads.

On day two I ran the Sport pads up front with the yellows in the rear. To my surprise the was very little difference in performance with only the slightest drop off in stopping distance and I never experienced any brake fade. I will also add that the outside temperature was a sunny 98 and about 120 on the track

While I was not using the Sport pads all the way around, I was impressed with the performance and I would recommend them as a good dual use pad for both street and track. But like other posts have stated, if you are going to track your car, it is best to use a dedicated track pad. It is well worth the 30 minutes, a couple of times a year, it takes to change out your pads.

Just my $.02