View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #12
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986
I think I have this same issue with my 2002. I put the top up but the clamshell would not close completely. I was able to pop off the black pushrods so I could lower the clamshell, but the top won't go up or down (I can't get to the red ones with the top up). I noticed that one of the cables seems to be trying to work (I can feel it trying to move) but the other cable is not doing anything.
Does this sound like the same problem?
How does the repair differ on a 2002?
Any help is appreciated because I am out of town and I don't have my service manual with me.
Thanks!

The issue that you are having is probably more related to your transmissions not being synchronized, and that is why the clamshell is not going down completely at the end of one of the cycles.

Your 2002 differs in that it's governed by two different microswitches, which in the 2000 and later Boxsters is located inside the driver's side ("Stehle" brand) transmission.

You have to verify that your inner speedometer-type cable is actually effectively acting on the transmission gear, and that it is not frayed or broken INSIDE the outer sheath. Then you can synch them and you should be okay.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote