View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuujin
Thankyou SCHOIR the advice and pics are great. It all leaves me a bit cautious about tackling this - but as you suggest, I'll Zen myself in and give it a go - Ill let you all know the result.

Many thanks to all who replied and thanks for the help and advice. I'll take pics if all goes to ********************. Hell I'll take pics if all goes to plan! :dance:
Anytime!

One other word of caution. I found that getting the rear of the car up as high as possible made the job much easier, especially when trying to get an angle of attack as close to possible as 90 degrees. This is very important if you end up having to drill any of the broken bolts. Hopefully, yours will come out without any drama!

When you are under the car, if you can move your elbows above and across your body when you are reaching up, it should be high enough.

Don't forget that the torque for the 12 bolts into the cylinder head is very low...either 17 or 23 ft/lbs, IIRC. So, if you find a LOT of resistance when you are unbolting one, tread carefully. "Boxsterra" on PPBB had given me that advice and the torque value, but I can't find it right now.

Of course, make sure that the car is sitting very securely on good jackstands, and throw the rear wheels under the rocker panels as an extra safety precaution so you can have all your attention on the task at hand.

Looking forward to your progress.

BTW, the sound with the headers and the PSE is sweet enough that I would do it again!

Good luck!

Regards, Maurice.

Last edited by schoir; 05-26-2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: add more info
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote